Point Lonsdale Lighthouse
The Point Lonsdale Lighthouse is on the Western side of Port Phillip Heads overlooking the Rip and all seaborne traffic bound for Melbourne passes by it.
Whilst signals have operated on this point since 1852, the current concrete towers was built in 1902. The lighthouse precinct, including nearby military defence structure, is registered with Heritage Victoria.
The area around the base of the lighthouse is accessible to the public and tours of the interior are conducted by the Queenscliff Maritime Museum most Sundays and at various holiday times throughout the year.