The Lara Food and Wine Festival is a community celebration of food and drinks in a gorgeous setting with lots to look at, listen to, taste and learn. Aside from eating and drinking your fill, you should also:
- Spot a celeb! Matt Preston and his cravat are regulars along with other recognisable foodies and well-known wine identities.
- Learn. With plenty of cooking demos and classes, there’ll be plenty of food-inspiration and first-hand insight into how to make it perfectly, every time.
- Contest for prizes. Home-made smallgoods contest for the title of ‘Hamster of Lara’ while honouring the memory of renowned local artisan smallgoods producer Angel Cardoso. There’s a home-made preserves competition too.
- Listen. Music and entertainment, including kids, runs all day long and sets the perfect tone for a picnic on the lawn enjoying all the goodies you’ve collected from producer stalls.
- Enjoy the history. The festival is held inside the grounds of the iconic Pirra Homestead. The recently restored venue has a colourful history, including time as an institution for inebriates, a girls’ home and an artists colony.
March 20th, 2016 is the date to lock in.