It was the best of times: it was the best of times.
Two options, bearing some similarities (great service, prime location, child enchanting, adult enthralling) but also distinct differences. Want to know more about both of these family-friendly getaway spots? Read on as we enlighten you with a Tale of Two Stays.
BIG4 Beacon Resort Queenscliff - where RESORT really is the operative word!
Winner of 55 tourism awards over 47 successful years, not to mention a place in Victoria's Tourism Hall of Fame, BIG4 Beacon Resort continues to deliver the highest of standards in family-friendly accommodation.
Located opposite the beach, surrounded by national marine park and nestled among native gardens, BIG4 Beacon’s position is absolutely primed for the perfect family getaway. Choose from luxury one, two and three bedroom villas, contemporary self-contained cabins, modern motel rooms or caravan and camping sites, and then set about experiencing all the activities on offer within the Resort.
For the Kids
- The CoutaKidz Clubhouse – a dedicated activity center operating all year round (even during school term), this fun-filled program is free to guests. You and/or the kids can dabble in arts and crafts, hunt for treasure, cook a feast and so much more.
- The Pool – indoor, heated and a spa. Need we say more?
- Small Fry Indoor Playroom – climbing frame, slides, ball pit, trampoline and the ever-so-addictive interactive game NEOS360.
- Jumping Pillow – bounce to your hearts content (adults, this one should really be on your list too). Highly energetic and highly entertaining.
For the Adults
- The Mud Day Spa - located on site, taking a little bit of “me time” has never been so easy. Spend hours soaking up the extensive treatment list (facials, massages, mud wrap, manis and pedis), then sit/lie back and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
- Coffee delivery – have you ever seen two words look so good together? Not only are there trained baristas ready to create your perfect brew, but they'll deliver it straight to your door (or tent) for no extra charge!
- Food delivery – well OK, these two words look pretty damn good together too! Pre-cooked meals are available from Beacon, meaning you don’t have to cook - now that's a holiday.
- The Studio – a gym designed in consultation with fitness industry experts and equipped with top of the line Matrix Fitness Equipment. For when you're taking a break, but still want to work out.
Big 4 Bellarine Holiday Park - a holiday park custom built for families!
Taking out BIG4 National People’s Choice Award 2017 most definitely cemented the Holiday Park as THE destination for fun loving families.
Positioned in the heart of the Bellarine Peninsula and surrounded by the towns of Point Lonsdale, Ocean Grove, Barwon Heads and Drysdale means you're close to everything the region has to offer; beaches, wineries, water park, eateries, you name it. The accommodation boasts some very unique aspects including; 'glamping' (a more luxurious form of camping), huge campsites, fabulous bathroom facilities and pristine units.
For the Kids
- Giant Jumping Pillows – pillow(s). That’s right, plural. They have two of these beauties.
- Indoor Water Complex – the kids can splash away their energy at this indoor heated pool and water playground (water slide to boot).
- BMX Track – to quote the epic BMX Bandits, it’s a “high flying ride to adventure”.
- Flying Fox – swoop, swing and soar through the air on BIG4 Bellarine’s infamous flying fox
For the Adults
- Fit – a 'fitting' name for BIG4 Bellarine’s health and fitness space. With two distinct workout areas (fitness machines and floor work/fitness classes), “Fit” will definitely help you stay that way.
- Ball Sports – anyone up for a spot of croquet? How about tennis? Soccer? Footy? Bocce? You're spoiled for choice in the sports department, so get the gang together for a few of these favourites.
- The Taste Trail – Bellarine have their very own “taste trail” which includes over 40 unique food and wine destinations from wineries and farmgate producers to provedores and award-winning restaurants. You may actually want to pencil in a few days for this activity.
BIG4 Beacon Resort and BIG4 Bellarine Holiday Park are deservedly recognised as the leaders in their fields, the trendsetters and the embodiment of family-fun accommodation on the Bellarine.