Drink in or take away, Noble Rot has an extensive list of wine, lovingly curated by their team and available to either enjoy at home or share in the venue soaking up the coastal atmosphere of the Point Lonsdale main street.
There’s a European-influenced menu of food too, often special tastings and live music and a great vibe. Even if it’s a tad early for the hard stuff, there’s Cartel coffee (locally-loved and locally-roasted) to wash down the house-made biscuits and cakes.
The team at Noble Rot has extensive wine knowledge and insight into the best drops from this region and around the world. For now, Jordan has given us five of his best local wines:
- Oakdene "Blue Label" Sparkling Brut: Brilliant, dry aperitif style fizz made with 65 % pinot noir and 35% Chardonnay sourced from the Bellarine peninsula, slight blush colour with floral and strawberry notes, persistent mousse and clean finish.
- 2014 Livewire "Jolt" Sauvignon Blanc: Refreshing, zippy sauvignon from local lad Anthony Brain. Bright and vibrant with lemon and guava fruit at the fore, bring on the sunshine!
- 2013 Curlewis "Bel Sel" Chardonnay: Excellent balance between fruit and well integrated French oak leads to a fruit forward chardonnay that's deliciously savoury at the same time.
- 2013 Mermerus Pinot Noir: Hand crafted, single vineyard pinot noir. Perfumed notes of violet and cherry flow seamlessly through the palate framed by fine tannins with a long elegant finish. Outstanding value for money!
- 2013 Brown Magpie "Modewarre Mud" Shiraz: A selection of only the best 2 barrels, this is serious cool climate shiraz at its best. Brooding and concentrated dark plum and blackberry flavours with an incredibly long spicy finish. Drinking superbly now this will only get better.